Who? Alan Wilson, Managing Director, SELECT
Where? Walled Gardens, Edinburgh
When? Winter 2019
What? Interviewed about his role at SELECT and all that the membership body does, including the campaign to regulate the profession of ‘Electrician’ within Scotland.
It was all encompassing and covered:
- Who is SELECT and what do you do?
- Is the future electric?
- Regulation of electrician and campaign update
- Main issues in electro technical sector in Scotland
- Skills shortages
- Renewable technology knowledge
- How does the sector recruit young people in the sector?
- What is SELECT doing to attract more people into the industry?
- What are the typical characteristics of a SELECT Member?
- How does profession of electricians compare to other trades?
- The electric car revolution and how SELECT plays a role in this.
- Where do you see SELECT being in 5 years time?
- What top tips to anyone seeking an electrician?
- What’s involved in day to day work of an electrician?
- Alan’s professional career
- Story about his Scottish Cup journey as goalkeeper for Civil Service Strollers in the 1990s.
- Quick fire questions