Caroline Wayte is DM Hall’s Marketing Manager. She has worked across a broad variety of business sectors in London, Edinburgh and Glasgow – both as a client, and in client services / business development as a self-employed marketing consultant.
Marketing manager, DM Hall Chartered Surveyors
1. In less than 45 words, give us an Elevator Pitch for your business.
We give an entirely independent view on the value & condition of property – so you’re better informed for your next move.
2. What do you like the most about your job?
I enjoy the broad variety of people I interact with, learning new things and understanding what our customers really need from us – now and in the future.
3. What has been your best moment in business?
It’s still early days as I only joined in January. The best is yet to come.
4. What lessons have you learned that you would pass on to others?
1) The best things in life are free
2) Go with your gut
3) Tune into what’s not being said.
5. Tell us about your first job and any unusual jobs you’ve had in the past?
First job was as a sales assistant in a shoe shop. I also did a long stint as a waitress at The Ubiquitous Chip restaurant while I was at university. A real Glasgow institution and definitely falling into the category of University of Life. Most unusual job…I had the privilege of being a funeral arranger for a few months. Again, some amazing lessons experienced in that context.
6. What do you hope the future hold for you and your business?
I see an exciting future for our business – one filled with innovation and diversity of talent.
7. Away from work, what do you like to do?
I’m passionate about coaching and undertake some coaching in my spare time, some on a pro bono basis. Other than that – time with the family, walking the dog, food & drinks in the garden.
8. What’s the last book / concert / Netflix series you most enjoyed?
The last book I read was The Last Act of Love (Cathy Rentzenbrink). It’s been a while since I’ve been to a concert but we’ve been regulars at the Hydro since it opened. Over lockdown, Money Heist and the various Simon Reeve travelogues.
9. Where is your happy place?
Other than home – The Greek islands & Spain. Greece because my parents took me to several Greek islands on a hitchhiking holiday as a 3 year old. Spain because we’ve had many family holidays to Spain.
10. If you could invite any three people, living or dead, to have dinner with, who would you choose?
Other than family – Billy Connolly, Michelle Obama, Princess Margaret.