Chris Brown, a sometime Blueprint customer, is managing director of Begley Brown Financial Solutions, a boutique firm which, with great skill, looks after the financial wealth of many high net worth individuals.
Director, Begley Brown
1. In less than 45 words, give us an Elevator Pitch for your business.
We help clients identify the life they desire and then show them how to achieve and protect it. Financial planning done properly is life changing providing clarity, choice and reassurance to live life in the moment.
2. What do you like the most about your job?
The opportunity to build a business based on my values, the opportunity to change people’s perceptions about our industry, the ability to make a difference to peoples’ lives, the opportunity to challenge myself.
3. What has been your best moment in business?
Opening the doors and taking the leap into the unknown.
4. What lessons have you learned that you would pass on to others?
Hire smart people with the right attitude.
5. Tell us about your first job and any unusual jobs you have had in the past?
Paperboy, Caddy, waiter.
6. What do you hope the future hold for you and your business?
To become respected for doing the right thing and for being one of the good guys and for helping to change lives.
7. Away from work, what do you like to do?
When I was younger I was a keen rugby player playing for Stirling county, Glasgow Accies, Glasgow Hawks and Glasgow as well as being involved with various junior Scotland teams in rugby and athletics. Nowadays, I like golf, snowboarding, walking, keeping fit, cinema, eating out, spending time with my wife, Victoria and my daughters, Erika and Alba.
8. What’s the last book / concert / Netflix series you most enjoyed?
Viktor Frankl – Man’s Search for Meaning / Lady Gaga in Las Vegas / The Last Dance.
9. Where is your happy place?
On top of Cairngorm.
10. If you could invite any three people, living or dead, to have dinner with, who would you choose?
My Dad, Jesus, Muhammed Ali.